14 Ways To Maintain Your Drainage System And Keep It Blockage Free
Drainage Emergencies Seem To Have A Way Of Creeping Up At The Worst Times. In addition to posing health risks, the undrained water in the sink (or bath) and flooding can cause air pollution. Regular maintenances can avert this nightmare.
A build - up of debris such as cooking oil, fruit seeds, grain, or intrusive mature tree roots can cause your drains to clog. Clogged drainage systems can happen in both your house and in the main lines.
Stick To The Following 14 Tips To Keep It From Being A Problem In The First Place
1. A plunger is effective against minor clogs. Use it.
2. Every week (perhaps once or twice), lift your sink or bath stoppers and remove any trapped debris. Washing the stoppers before you replace them will help prevent future build - ups.
3. To Trap Hair That Falls Off While Bathing Or Washing, Place A Mesh Barrier On Your Sink And Bath Plugs To Trap The Hair. You wouldn't let food just fall into the kitchen sink, so in the same manner, keep your hair from going down your bathroom pipes.
4. To prevent hair from accumulating in the drains, try brushing your hair ahead of a bath to remove broken strands.
5. Fi grates over your drain holes, or hire a plumber to do so. Use A Non - Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaner On Your Drains.
6. Don't grow trees or large plants near your drainage system, or pipes may become clogged due to root intrusion.
7. Arrange a contract with a drainage company to get occasional examinations and servicing without having to run after them. Drainage Gloucestershire offers this kind of contract to people in and around Gloucestershire. Teach and instruct other members of your house on drainage maintenance guidelines.
8. Avoid corrosive acidic cleaners. They can cause corrosion and serious long - term damage.
9. Your Drain Isn't A Dustbin. Use dustbins for that.
10. To ensure the best health for your drains, never put the following objects down them grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medications, cosmetics and so on.
11. Simply put, drains are only meant for water, urine, and faeces.
12. Periodically, Do Some Easy Cleaning Of Your Own Using A Hooked Coat Hanger To Fish For Loose Material In Your Drains That Could Cause Future Blocking.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. As this is not a fully comprehensive list of dos and don'ts, there are several other things you could do. But, you must never use chemicals.
If you currently have drainage problem's in your home and nothing on the list has worked so far, don't force it, otherwise you could worsen the situation. Rather, make the call for professional help if the issue persists. If you reside in or near Gloucestershire, then the technicians at Drainage Gloucestershire are your best option.